From: Lynda Young [mailto: lyoung@grindertaber.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 07:55:30 -0500
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Spring pictures

Melody, those children - all of them - are so lucky to have you in
their<br>lives, even if for only for an enlightening afternoon.
Message-----<br>From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On<br>Behalf Of Melody <br>Sent:
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 5:32 AM<br>To: gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re:
believe how cold it is. Supposed to be<br>low of 29 degrees here tonight
and when I was out for my break at 2<br>a.m., I'm sure it was close to
that. Brrr...had my team's first softball<br>practice Monday night. Poor
little girls (grades 3 &amp; 4)...I had to keep<br>them moving all
during practice to keep them warm enough. Next practice<br>is Wed...hope
it warms up by then...took me the rest of the night on<br>Monday just to
get warm again. Got loads of plants that are sitting on<br>my covered
front porch waiting to go into the ground...just too darned<br>cold
here. So far, most of the blooming things in my yard have been<br>fine,
but tonight I'm sure I'll lose the blooms on the bleeding hearts<br>and
all my miniature white iris, as well as whatever aquilegia's
are<br>flowering already. I'm sure I'll be checking damage when I get
home in<br>the a.m. Well, I guess the MG's here didn't catch on that I
didn't get<br>my educational hours all completed last year because I am
still on their<br>active member list. Got a call this past week to do a
short 30 minute<br>presentation for pre-schoolers ages 3-5 at a local
Head Start program...<br>I am such a sucker for kids...how could I say
no???? Anyway, got some<br>cool coloring pages off the web for their
teacher to photocopy after I'm<br>gone but also one of the local
nurseries donated some wheat grass and<br>some giant sunflower seeds.
We're going to plant the sunflowers outside<br>in the daycare's little
garden and then grow wheat grass &quot;hair&quot; in<br>styrofoam cups
that the kid's will decorate with faces. Two groups of 28<b

r>and 35 kids apiece...so I needed quick and easy! Many of these
are<br>underpriveleged children who have no access at home to gardens,
so I<br>can't wait to give them a chance to grow something and see what
wrote:<br>From: [mailto: Cersgarden@aol.com]<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 19:59:23 EDT<br>Subject:
Re: [CHAT] Spring pictures<br><br>Lynda, a beautiful garden. Everything
looks so lush!&lt;br&gt; We have had so<br>much cold &amp; frost many of
my trees &amp; shrubs are really &lt;br&gt;burned. My<br>Magnolia
'Butterflies', fringe tree and hydrangeas are the
worst.<br>&lt;br&gt;Many lilies are have been iced so I will lose the
bloom or it will<br>be deformed. &lt;br&gt;We are supposed to get frost
this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with
the&lt;br&gt;message<br>text UNSUBSCRIBE
Excite! -

most personalized portal on the
message<br>text UNSUBSCRIBE

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com