RE: ok- now doves/predators.

We were overrun with coyotes when we first moved here... they would stand up
and look in the front bay window. When they started hanging around the
schools, local officials did something about them. (fear of a small kid
running up to the 'doggy' scenario.)

Haven't seen any in the last few years, not sure just who or what is
responsible for that, but I don't miss them.

After that there were stories of bobcats on the loose and all sorts of
stuff. Can't say as I ever saw one... other than in zoos.