Re: NY beware/ Beneficial bugs

I totally agree, Kitty.  We don't use any chemicals unless absolutely
necessary.  We have always practiced organic/natural type pest
control....originally due to our watergardens, and then for the wildscape and  butterfly gardens.
Was a major adjustment for dh, who was the  chemical 'guru' for our MG ext.
office.  We've found that we had far  less pests to contend with once we could
recognize the beneficial from the  non-beneficial.  I was always allergic to
bee and wasp venom,  thus would panic at the sight of anything buzzing.  But I
noticed  that once they were left alone (even had a honey bee hive in our yard
for  years), they left us alone too, knowing that they were not going to be
harmed. I haven't been stung in forever, and used to attract them.  I  do wear
perfumes, but haven't noticed any difference.
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 5/9/2005 4:46:38 PM Central Standard Time,