Re: Filoli picts

Didn't Mark Twain say - the coldest winter he ever experienced was a
summer in San Francisco?  I guess it must get cool up there at times,
even in the summer?   Not like here, as you know from your trips to
Austin.  And it doesn't get as warm there (borderline Hill
Country)usually as here.  Nice today - about 90-ish, bit of breeze.
Perfect weather IMO.

On 5/11/05, Theresa <tchessie@comcast.net> wrote:
> I have no idea how many gardeners they have there- lots I'm sure.
> Barb knows about our list- but doesn't use a computer at home, by her
> own choice.  So I let it be.
> It took 12 women 4 years to do the embroidered screne- the picture
> really doesn't do it justice.  It was just amazing- and that's coming
> from someone who doesn't usually get into that kind of suff.
> Saly Holmes is ona full size arbor (easily 10 feet)- that picture is
> only the top of it.  It was gorgeous.
> And- Filoli is close enough to the coast that in the shade and with a
> breeze it is still chilly! (one would never know now that I survived
> easily in north-eastern Maine for 2 years!).
> Glad you enjoyed the pics
> Theresa
> Donna wrote:
> >Nice place! But way to much work to keep all that pruned, How many gardeners
> >do they have there?
> >
> >So why isn't Barb on our list here? Geesh, I finally got Vera here :)
> >
> >Love the greenhouse rather than the standby plastic/glass ones here.
> >
> >No camperdown elm for me... it would engulf my entire house- but wouldn't
> >that be cool!
> >
> >That embroidered screen is awesome and must have taken someone forever to do
> >it.
> >
> >Hum wonder if sally holmes is hardy here... that is a full size arbor
> >correct?
> >
> >Nice to see a picture of you... but geesh, you are in California, why do you
> >have a coat on!
> >
> >Interesting color on the weeping tree. Would make a great contrast piece.
> >
> >Thanks for sharing your day trip :)
> >
> >Donna
> >

> >>Filoli picts
> >>What a lovely place!