Re: kiwi

Well- my female definitely went dormant here last winter- died back and lost all the leaves. So, hopefully, it will be happy with the new male I just planted and i'll get some fruit!

Theresa

james singer wrote:

The real problem here, and probably in your neighborhood, Noreen, is they need cool nights--almost unheard of in this part of Florida. Also, Tom MacCubbin [county agent and subtropical gardening guru] says it is often not cold enough to force dormancy, which sets the plant up for even short periods of subfreezing temperatures. Tom also says they grow easily from seed; so it might be fun to try a few.