Cruel Plant

Does anyone grow Cruel Plant, Cynanchum ascyrifolium?
Described as a well-behaved clump-former with vague semi-vining tendencies
and waxy white flowers in axillary cymes.  Once it starts blooming, it
continues for almost the entire  summer, virtually pest-free.

It's an asclepiad, so when I found it at Seneca Hill, I thought it might be
good for our Birds, Bees, and Butterflies garden, so I ordered one.
A little research though came up with: "...Plants in [this family] generally
have unique flowers designed for large pollinators, bees or butterflies that
can manipulate the flowers."  sounded like I might be right, but it went on
to say, "The Cruel Plant was thought to be 'cruel' to small insects like
flies and mosquitoes.  The white flowers entrap small insects that come to
feed on their nectar.  The trapped insects die or become prey for other
So I am wondering, is this the proper sentiment for a plant residing in the
BBB garden?