RE: ornamental grass!

Yep, got to agree with Cathy on the prairie drop seed for a small grass.

If you are going for trivia stuff, switchgrass (although I don't like it)
has a root system with a very sweet smell. If you ever have to pull it out
or transplant a small amount, smell the roots... very strong and
interesting.

What I don't like about my Miscanthus (duh, the variegated one) is after 6
years, the center became bare and has to be dug out and replanted. Looks
strange as a 5-6 ft ring of grass. But it is an awesome item swaying in the
wind and throughout the winter.

I have a reed grass in the back which I planted last fall. I am hoping it
doesn't take over like the other grass by the waterfall. That was a giveaway
and it is bent on traveling to see everyone on this list... Moral to the
story- I will check to make sure it is a clumping not running grass before I
add any more to my yard!

Donna