Re: Bromeliads....Tillandsia

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Bromeliads....Tillandsia
  • From: "Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center" 4042N15@nationalhearing.com
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 09:49:55 -0600

I only had time to look at the Tillandsias on his BOGO offer.  I noticed
that T. funkiana was only $3 ($1.50 ea)  What I was thinking was...

When I conduct our MG Bulb Sale, we also sell house plants.  Last year no
one contributed any and I had to give up some of mine just to have something
there.  I thought maybe we could specialize in Bromeliads this year and I
could order some of these.  That's why I asked about arrival size and how
fast they grow and whether they could be potted.

Maybe you could suggest a simple, inexpensive, easy to grow variety (or
several) that could be potted.  I can't risk losing the investment and they
need to be saleable.