To: "Agardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 7:45 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Plant ID help please

This plant seller sometimes like to give me weird things - often things
she
doesn't have names for. Today she gave me a Zamia pumila, and I did find
it
in AHS.
Anyone else grow this?  I'm expecting Jim to pipe up!

Also for Jim and any of you far southern folk, and for northerners, like
Sue
who love houseplants, could you look at this photo for me?

http://snipurl.com/f0om

She ripped these leaves off another plant that seemed to have the same
form
and size as the Zamia.  Anyone recognize this?  When I asked, she
mentioned
something about mothers and thousands, but clearly couldn't remember.
Does
it look like some sort of Kalanchoe?

Kitty
neIN, Z5