Re: Update on Peeper (aka Lady Chatsworth)

In a message dated 05/03/2006 8:13:32 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:
there is a bird that does the broken wing routine
while nesting. Can't think of it's name right now,
sandpiper, something like that. (Auralie where are
you!)
Kildeer.  Years ago we used to visit a place in Columbia County, NY
with our aging bird-dog-type mutt, Cindy.  One spring there was a nest of
these birds near the pond on the property.  The male would  do the
broken-wing act and Cindy would chase after him.  They would go round
and round the field until poor Cindy would collapse with fatigue.  At the
end of the day, my sons would have to pick her up and put her in the
car, she was so tired and achy from running after that fool bird all day.
Auralie