Re: Update on Peeper (aka Lady Chatsworth)

Oh Andrea...that is just terrible.  You just vent away.....I totally understand.

Andrea Hodges <andreah@hargray.com> wrote:
  Keep us posted on Seamus please! I'm up to my eyeballs in trying to raise
money for the boxer rescue. We had a deaf, white puppy that one of our
volunteers rescued. Chained, stuck under a fence, no water etc. The police
came and took the dog to the shelter. Padlocked and chained the run shut
except for the staff members to take care of her with a note that she was
not to be given to anyone except the police officer or Jenni (our volunteer)
She has mysteriously disappeared. When Jenni went to get her she was gone
and the A/C officer that had the key swears he knows nothing about it. This
is the SECOND time a dog has gone missing under his care. The cops are
investigating, but it makes me sick to think she's been sold as a bait dog
or a puppy factory. The shelter was required to hold her for 10 days which
is why Jenni couldn't get her immediately. Now she's beating herself up for
not just stealing the puppy. It had been abandoned for at least a 3-4 days
before Jenni found her. People are cruel and crazy. Not just stupid. Sorry,
I'm stressing about this today.Venting.

I'm glad Peepers has got her babies AND eggs. Cannot wait to see the photos!