Re: Thyme

TY Cyndi

----- Original Message -----
From: Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT
To: 'gardenchat@hort.net'
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:55
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Thyme

My experience - it spreads, but I wouldn't call it invasive. I planted wooly
thyme in my psuedo-Japanese garden and they are about a foot wide after two
years, started from a 2-inch pot. The english thyme - I think that's what it
is, I use it in cooking - doesn't seem to want to spread out quite that
much, but then it's more upright and I keep hacking off bits of it. Maybe
there are some that are more enthusiastic.