Re: Photos of Lady Chatsworth

Most of the ducks we have are Muscoveys. They come in different colors.
Some are white, some are black, some are brown...this momma ended up
gray...and we have some that are mottled. So it is not unusual for the
babies to be different looking. Because we have 3 ponds, we bought these
ducks because they are known mosquito eaters and they eat BUGS like
crazy.

I was talking with my husband last night...and told him that I feared
Peepers has abandoned her nest (two weeks before they are due to hatch)
to take care of these ducklings. She is young. It's her first year
sitting. We've had guineas do the same thing. The first year they lay
eggs, then go off and leave them. The next year they hatch 20 of them.
Maybe next year Ms. Chatsworth will lay eggs where there is no other
"mommy" laying eggs. She got so excited when the duckling hatched...she
just forgot about hers!

Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com> wrote:
  How come the ducklings all look different?

Cathy, west central IL, z5b