Re: Underplanting peonies

I made a new bed with peony about 3 years back. Full sun. I used both vineing clematis and the clumpers. the trailing ones get placed on the peony foliage each spring after it is up. Also use siberian iris clumps, lilium in a couple of clumps, hardy geraniums. Bit of a traditional early summer bed, but I am after the foliage effect the rest of the year.
You do not have much width to your bed.. peony will take all of the 3 feet eventually.
Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5 Southern Indiana

Any suggestions for plants that would look good with herbaceous
peonies in a west facing, full sun bed? The bed is no more than 3
feet wide. The peonies are a dark pink when in bloom, but my concern
is mostly what could bring interest to the bed after the peonies have
done their thing.
Cathy, west central IL, z5b