Hi all! I haven't been keeping up too much with Chat lately. I hope everyone
is doing well. I'm finished with my classes for the semester. Hallelujah!

I have inherited several bromeliads from the nursery I work for since they
were no longer retail quality. I know nothing about them except they like
water in their cups. My question is, how do I take care of them? All of them
have leaves with dead portions, and they were planted in some horrible mucky
media. Some rot, definitely some anaerobic conditions going on. Some of them I
just yanked out of their pots and spread the roots out and left lying there
the smell was so bad. I thought I was going to gag, and I'm usually not that
weak stomached.

What do they like? Shade I know, but what kind of potting media? How big of a
pot? How much water? These were saturated. I turned them upside down to let
all the gunk out. Where do I go now?
I know I can look it up but I'd like to hear from some of you who are good at
Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC
Blue Ridge Boxer Rescue