Re: Bromeliads

I apologize for jumping in.  I'm so behind on emails, so I'm starting  from
here and going backward.  The subject matter caught my eye.

Don't throw away the mother plant until it dies back.  She will  continue to
throw off pups for quite some time.  You can cut the pups when  they are grown
enough to live on their own, or you can leave the pups on the  plant.  I
personally don't cut the pups off.  The mother plant will  eventually disapear,
but you won't notice because the pups with cover it  in.  If you discard the
mother plant befor the pups are old enough, they  wont' make it, since they get
their "nourishment" from the mother plant.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 5/13/2006 11:02:35 AM Central Standard Time,