Re: Paulownia, now cattails

We had a sometime-pond at the farm in California. It collected rain water in winter, then slowly dried up from late spring to late summer. Four things lived there--cattails, catfish, carp, and crawfish. When the pond reached mud-hole status in mid-August, the catfish, carp, and crawfish burrowed into the mud to estivate until the winter rains. The cattails died back around Labor Day--they didn't spread very much in the 10 years we lived there.