RE: weeds, plants and the weekend

I only mowed this weekend.  Today was lovely...soft breeze, blue skies.  We
moved a little fountain to the front of the house where I have a newly
installed outlet.  Took four bags of building scrap stuff to the front of
the drive to be picked up today...we pay for weekly garbage pickup.
Pruned, pruned, and pruned some more.  My Ducks racked up leaves that had
been gathering on the driveway.  Much of it had begun to turn to mulch so I
used it on the new flower bed I am making.  My arms are fatigued.

We have had a lovely little lab around since the weekend.  He's been
playing and swimming with Sweet Honey Biscuit.  I thought he lived a few
cul-de-sacs over from us and didn't pay much attention.  Last night, I
thought I heard him barking...SHB was inside and she was her usual quiet
self.  This morning he was at the door first thing and very hungry.  His
tag had a telephone number which we called.  About 30 minutes ago, his
owner came for him...he lives at least five miles away and apparently
followed a jogger and got lost.  Makes me think that tags with a telephone
number might be a very good idea.