From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Daryl
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:00 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Kitten Advice, please

A kitten was at my doorstep at 6:30 this morning. I've spent hours trying to

get to know it, leaving several servings of tuna in a dish for it so that it

can eat (obviously very hungry and meowing), and haven't been able to get
close enough to catch it. I picked up some cat food on my way home from
physical therapy this afternoon and will try that. The kitten has gobbled
everything I've given it as soon as I left the area.

My latest encounter led to the kit being terrified by Henrietta II (Rhode
Island Red Chicken) who came running to mama to see what goodies were going
to come her way.

I'm exhausted and the kit is so very small, and there are lots of big storms

coming. I'd like to get the poor little one into a dry and safe spot.

I also have two dogs that don't know diddly about cats except to chase feral

cats out of the yard - that habit courtesy of an adoptee.  I don't know
whether they haven't noticed the kit, or whether it still has that baby
smell that seems to give kits and pups immunity.

Help, please.