To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Kitten Advice, please

Can you leave a garage/barn/shed/ door open and let
the kitty see you put some food in there?

You might not be able to trap it that way, but at
least you could 'show' it where some safe place is
when the storms get there?

I see everyone else gave the other suggestions I
thought of and some I hadn't.

Donna

--- Daryl <pulis@mindspring.com> wrote:

A kitten was at my doorstep at 6:30 this morning.
I've spent hours trying to
get to know it, leaving several servings of tuna in
a dish for it so that it
can eat (obviously very hungry and meowing), and
haven't been able to get
close enough to catch it. I picked up some cat food
on my way home from
physical therapy this afternoon and will try that.
The kitten has gobbled
everything I've given it as soon as I left the area.

My latest encounter led to the kit being terrified
by Henrietta II (Rhode
Island Red Chicken) who came running to mama to see
what goodies were going
to come her way.

I'm exhausted and the kit is so very small, and
there are lots of big storms
coming. I'd like to get the poor little one into a
dry and safe spot.

I also have two dogs that don't know diddly about
cats except to chase feral
cats out of the yard - that habit courtesy of an
adoptee.  I don't know
whether they haven't noticed the kit, or whether it
still has that baby
smell that seems to give kits and pups immunity.

Help, please.