Re: Amazon lily

This one has bloomed the last 2 years, but went 4 years or 5 before that without blooming. It is outdoors year around, in a pot, and in the shade [light shade]. Last year it put up one bloom spike; this year, two.

Cool about the tulip tree. There's a State park/forest in Maryland--Cedarville--not far from DC, that had a Liriodendron breeding program. It's premium wood for furniture manufacturing, and the Maryland aggies were selecting for vigor and straight leader growth, if memory serves. It was a great place to visit at this time of year to see the blooms--even if the trees were planted in rows.

Yeah, we need rain, too.