Toadsong

My garden is heavy laden with expectant bloom, pregnant, as it were.  My white
Rhododendron is in full bloom and my white Everlasting Iris have just today
bloomed its first bloom.  My white Clematis are large and heavy with blossoms
to bloom soon.  I've never seen my white Bleeding Heart so large.  My toads
have returned, laid eggs in the "large" pond (4x6) which have turned to
tadpoles and many have moved on.  Nighttime brings toadsong which my daughter
and I love to hear.  One must be careful when walking lest you step on a large
toad, as I almost did last night when I kicked one.  I spent a few hours today
on my hands and knees picking up Maple seedling "helicopters."

We spoke briefly awhile back about soreness in the spring with the onset of
garden chores.  This month's Yoga Journal, June 2006, has an brief article
entitled "Garden Grace" on page 22 which shows some simple easy Yoga poses
(asanas) to prepare one's body for garden duties.  The article is mentions
that the asanas are from a new book entitled Gardner's Yoga by Victoria
D'Orazio.

Our weather today has been glorious and I'm looking forward to a day NOT
occupied carting the kids here and there, but instead relaxing in my chaise on
patio basking in the sun, reading, and listening to my gurgling fountains.
PEACE OUT.

Sue
Upstate NY, Zone 6