Re: Ruskin Tomato Festival

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Ruskin Tomato Festival
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 21:30:37 -0500

Funny, my folks and I were talking about the victory gardens during WWII.
They were born during the depression and grew up during the war.   Nana &
mother always grew wonderful tomatoes.  It irks mother to no end that she
can't grow them in Bear Creek.  Season's too short and not enough sun.  She
always ate them like apples.

On 5/6/07, Cersgarden@aol.com <Cersgarden@aol.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 5/6/07 12:55:03 PM, islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
> > mother set up a kind of soup kitchen for the hundreds of hobos
> >
> Jim, I remember my mother would lock the doors & she, my siblings and I
> hid
> behind the bed when hobos came around. We lived in town and the farm was
> at
> the edge of town.   My dad left very early to milk cows and then on to
> field
> work and milking again at evening.   Many times it would be dark before he
> came
> home.   We had no car but he had a pickup that was supplied by the farm
> owners.   Our family of 6 traveled in that pickup.
>     Ceres
> See what's free at
> http://www.aol.com.

Pam Evans