I figured it out

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: I figured it out
  • From: "Johnson Cyndi D Civ 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 09:53:45 -0700

Last night we cleaned horse stalls and I finished weeding the soybeans,
I got back into the house about 7:45. And I realized what I can do to
keep the garden in shape. Two hours of work outside every night after we
get home from work. By the time fall comes, it should be looking pretty
good. Of course I'll be tired after that and won't want to fix dinner,
so I won't eat. Then I'll lose weight. It's so simple!
Only two drawbacks. The first one is that if I don't cook, there's no
one to eat all the stuff I'm growing. The second is that I'd never stick
to the plan. Hmmm.
Anyway I was pretty happy with the soybeans. Almost all germinated, I
had real problems with that the last couple years but these look good.
The weeding was pretty easy too. I put the row cover back on because I'm
out of chicken wire, they are still small enough that it won't cause
problems. I don't see any new damage on the pea plants or the lettuce.
And we ate peas! Okay, so it was only two pods, but considering the
devastation caused by the (*#$# rabbits, I was happy to pick them.

Cyndi