Re: peony volunteers Gene/ helleborus

Ceres, Kitty
Hellebore seedlings take from 3 to 5 years to bloom the first time. Depends upon lots of circumstances and the seeds parentage, but somewhere in that range. First bloom is not always a good indicator of the color and form to bloom the second year, so do not be too fast to react the first time you see it bloom. they will grow better if separated out and given room to grow. A touch of care produces wondrous results.
   Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana

I have tons of seedling Helleborus. I suppose I should dig them, pot them or replant in a protected spot. There are so many and so thick. Anone know
how many yrs it take to come into bloom?