To: "Gardens & Gardening" <GARDENS@LSV.UKY.EDU>
Cc: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 6:16 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Workman Rant

Hi all...
  Some of you may remember last year when the "landscaping" company my
landlord hired proceeded to mow down my rose bush. Luckily it grew back and looks lush and gorgeous-or it did. Last week my landlord decided to have the building powerwashed. Didn't bother to tell us. Well whatever they wash with
nearly killed my roses. I had to prune off several dead branches and the
rest have ugly brown spots on many of the leaves. The hedges are brown, and the lawn has several dead patches too! And did I mention we had some windows
open and the idiots never bothered to ask us to close them? Totally soaked
my bathroom. ARGH!
Now the landlord has some workers here to waterproof the foundation.
Apparently his basement office has been getting flooded when it rains. I can understand the work needed to be done. Again though, did anyone knock on the door and ask if my plants could be moved? (I have several pots on the front porch). NOPE! Instead they just shoved them aside, knocking over a bunch and
breaking the blooms off several of my marigolds. What is wrong with
people??? I think I have an idea. When I complained to the idiots that shot
their powerwashing spray right through my open window and asked why they
hadn't asked us to close the window (we didn't know they were there until
the nasty surprise) the response was a blank look and "Que? No ingles."
My fiance wants to start trying for a baby right after the wedding, and if we succeed we'll have to find a larger place to live. As much as I love this
place, I won't miss these stupid workmen/"landscapers"!

Sue(6B)
http://houseplants.suite101.com
http://gardenscribe.blogspot.com
http://earthlygarden.com