To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2007 7:56 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] birthdays, etc

Hi Chris-
Ireland was great. I am the blonde in the pics. The brunette (Grace) is my best friend forever (since we were kids), who lives in Boston. So, half of the fun of the trip was getting to spend the week together. The house photos in the Ireland folder is the house we rented for the week. My mom is not better, she is worse (even since 2 months ago). Saturday I go down to get her and bring her to Boston to stay with my older sister for a couple of weeks. We're trying to figure out if living there for a while is an option before she has to go into a facility. Who knows- it is all rather depressing, and my mom is upset or angry alot since she thinks she is just fine and doesn't need any help. Yuck!

I did get out in the garden today and weeded and pruned most of it. It needed it, and so did I!

Theresa

Chrise Petrsen wrote:
Hi all!

When you just find time to lurk, it's hard to keep up with everyone!
Birthday wishes to Pam, Cathy and Tricia.  I've never been good about
remembering birthdays, so you guys are getting treated like family!

I haven't had much time in the garden this spring. Today it barely made it
past 51 degrees and was gloomy with showers all day. I have a lot of
material ready for designing my patio containers; although, I wasn't able to
find some of the old standbys like cell packs of purple or rose colored
salvia. I'd like to do some planting before I do any more buying!

Also, I want to make a list of this year's losses. I lost a shrub or two,
some daylilies, and some perennials. Lots of plants are seeding in, more
than most years. I'll have many perennials to pot up and give away this
summer; that is, if I ever get into the garden!

Theresa, I'm sorry about your mom's illness. Are things any better? Your
photos of Ireland look like you were having fun! I'm glad that you were able
to get away.  Who did you travel with? I might be wrong, but, are you the
blonde? Who did you travel with? Were those living room and house photos
from the place that you stayed in? I probably missed your earlier posts.
Sometimes I have to delete some posts without reading them if I get too far
behind.

Take care all,

Chris Petersen   Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)
 chris@widom-assoc.com