Re: Farmer's Market dilemma

Chris, I know this is not exactly the same situation, but it might be
applicable to your question.  The Friends of Lasdon, a group connected
to the Lasdon Park & Arboretum, a Westchester County facility,
have a plant sale every spring.  The sale is well known for having
attractive and unusual plants, and draws large crowds.  The county
allows the Friends a booth at a subsequent event to sell the left-
over plants.  I have manned this booth several years, and am always
disappointed to see that not much sells at all.  People come and look,
but that first fine frenzy of spring planting is past, and they just
aren't interested any longer.  I don't want to be discouraging, but
my guess is that you would do better to invest in your Web site.
But then, I'm not in the business - just an observer.
Best wishes, Auralie

In a message dated 05/25/2007 1:28:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,