Re: Chris' echinacea

> What ever happed to your gorgeous double Echinacea?

Hi Chris,

   I wish I knew!

   Terra Nova is still sitting on it with their mouths gagged, despite
   promises to get back to me with photos of it in bloom last October.

   I know that Mark Veeder, the breeder who found 'Green Envy', also had
   problems with Terra Nova and finally left after five years to go to
   another outfit that had him up and running within a year.

   Mark is a lot more outgoing than I am, though.  I don't reach out to
   new people very well.  :(

   The saddest part is that I was hoping income from the coneflower would
   help offset nursery costs so that I could get some land and a greenhouse
   going.  I don't have the money, so I don't have the facilities that
   I want to do what I want, so I lose a lot of plants.

   There's nothing more frustrating than getting a bunch of rare birch
   cuttings to root, then finding them all dead in the spring because
   you couldn't protect them properly.  The hard part is supposed to be
   the rooting!  :)