Re: Long Haired Cat advice

Spot was my only long-haired cat - Angora mix. He got mats and burrs from running aroound the bean field out back. You just have to stay on top of it. It's much easier to work a mat out if you get to it before it is right on the skin. If it was just too much, I would cut it out. He loved the slicker brush, which is all that was available back in the 70s and 80s. A flea comb helps in working out the mats, gives a hard edge to work into the knots. Now I use a furminator comb which is wonderful for getting rid of excess from the undercoat too. For working out matted fur I would suggest the metal flea comb to tease the mats out.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "DP" <pulis@mindspring.com>
To: "gardenchat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, May 03, 2008 2:13 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Long Haired Cat advice

Our new adoptee ( assuming that he quits beating up the household critters) is a long haired cat. They had to shave him when they neutered him because he was so full of mats that several days of combing and cutting didn't make a dent in

So, now what do I do? He's already got a couple of knots in the tail fluff
they left. I've got a slicker brush, but it barely bounces off the top. What
do I need?

Checked by AVG.