Re: Long Haired Cat advice

That's funny. When I was a kid, my mother used to whistle for our dog every evening. Wasn't long before an enterprising mockingbird was imitating mom and calling the poor old dog, too.

On May 6, 2008, at 12:58 PM, Jesse Bell wrote:

Same here....in FACT...my cockatiel imitates me (I don't have an outdoor
cat and haven't for years). I used to go to the door and call the cat
every evening..and the bird learned how to call the cat. Lovely...a
BIRD...who calls the CAT..that wants to eat him. Nice.

So..now, when the sun goes down at night...you'll hear Stevie calling
them in. He goes on and on for about 20 minutes. Then he tucks himself
in for the night. Silly bird.

----- Original Message ----
From: james singer <islandjim1@comcast.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Tuesday, May 6, 2008 2:47:12 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Long Haired Cat advice

I've always let my cats go out during the day, if that's what they
wanted to do, but made them stay in at night.

On May 6, 2008, at 11:57 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

If he is used to being an outdoor cat, and does not want to stay
indoors
all the time..you are fighting an uphill battle if you try to enforce
it. I would let him come and go - but just make sure it has it's shots
and all that. Being outside is a risk..they can get hurt or
worse...but
some cats just don't want to be "domesticated". The call of the wild
is
stronger for some....