From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Monday, May 12, 2008 4:05 PM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Monday

Not sure I'm getting used to the weather here, but I'm trying. It's 58
degrees today but projected to steadily climb to 91 by degrees next
Thursday. Meantime, nighttime temps remain in the mid to upper 40s.
Oh, well.

Lots of plants are blooming, a few of which I recognize: evergreen and
deciduous azaleas, rhododendrons [of course], Chinese wisteria,
mahonia. The ceanothus are on the verge; there are three or four large
shrubs beside the drive that are loaded with buds. It will be a mass
of blue once they open.

Island Jim
Willamette Valley
44.99 N 123.04 W