Re: annuals

I don't know about foxgloves [never grown them], but parsley is kind of curious, I think. Both curly and flat leaf kinds are called biennials because, I think, they flower the second year. But there are lots of testimonials for the curly leaf one that swear if you diligently pluck the flowers before they form seed heads, they can be grown for 5 years or longer in zones 8 and 9, and with no change in taste.

On May 20, 2008, at 3:56 PM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/ SCSRT wrote:

Parsley? It pretty much does that in my garden, but I haven't grown it
in milder climates.
I've had carrots flower their second season but I didn't let them sit
around to see if they died or not.

Cyndi

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:39 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] annuals

In a message dated 5/20/2008 6:16:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
islandjim1@comcast.net writes:

The only plant that I can think of that is a true biennial by that
definition--grow first season, flower/die the second--is the onion.

How about foxgloves?    I know, I have a perennial Digitalis, but the
common foxgloves are biennial in my yard.

**************Wondering what's for Dinner Tonight? Get new twists on
family
favorites at AOL Food.

Island Jim