Re: It's not just deer

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: It's not just deer
  • From: "Pam Evans" <gardenqueen@gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 18:22:05 -0500
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=HU7un0qGzpcE/A6CktnsZ19sAe+flju9+HIJr75cUzM=; b=XqUnKq78EKwx3zKzKdH/JscjHb6q2UuuTGd8PvDsgbMphRly98WoBvUrmpjeTp0ahZ+B8X16QFU8TFCxZuEq9Q7XvtgW2ImgZkEzNJt7Yn6jzajQpj3FzChAx2va1qMgoqF7rZNy1egSoVVvPr8v6z7IPfF+tyqm5FUmRDPDCzk=

I understand.  I always had dogs.  But Sugar (God rest her) turned me into a
cat person for life!   And even though Little Bit is quite different, she is
still a delight and a real salve for my soul.

> Dogs are not a real option for us.  Our land is such that fencing
> is out of the question, and we can't let them run free - strict
> leash laws and neighbors that don't like dogs.  We are too old
> and decrepit to give a big dog the kind of walks and exercise it
> would need, and I have never been fond of small dogs.  We used
> to have a big dog when the boys were young and could help with
> the care of it.  I like dogs, but cats are much easier to live with.
> Auralie
> In a message dated 5/27/2008 6:27:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:
> Sounds like coons to me.  Jesse's right about having a dog or two running
> them off, but that's a responsibility you may not want.  I told my mother
> the same thing when she was having deer problems and got shot down.  So I
> just started sending her daffodil bulbs which I know they won't eat because
> they're poisonous.
> **************Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking with
> Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.
> (http://food.aol.com/tyler-florence?video=4&?NCID=aolfod00030000000002)