  • Subject: grumble
  • From: "Kitty" <kmrsy@comcast.net>
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 10:50:25 -0500

What is this feaky attitude about height lately?
Have you noticed all the dining room ensembles are being made taller? I really prefer to have my feet on the floor than on the rung of a chair. More to the point. I bought a new lawn mower. A low-end Craftsman, no bells or whistles because I don't have a big yard. However, this also means (though it didn't occur to me to check before purchasing) that there is no height adjustment to the handle. It's one size fits all. It is set for someone who is, at a minimum 6 feet tall, so I have to mow like a 10 year old with my hands at neck height, which means I have very little pushing power from that angle. Also, since the handle is so long, so that people with size 18 feet don't stick their toes into the back of the mower, the pull cord is now about a mile long. My arms are not long enough to hold the starter and push bars together AND pull the cord far enough to get it to start.

So I have to tie the bars together and brace the back of the mower against a landscape timber so I can pull the cord. Geez, I am not that short. What the *&%$# is going on????

And when is Dyson going to discover the marketing value and make a lawn mower with a pivoting ball?

neIN, Zone 5