Re: Red twig observation
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Red twig observation
  • From: "Judy Browning" <judylee@lewiston.com>
  • Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 23:20:35 -0700

They like water, good drainage, air circulation and forest understory conditions. Some of the newer ones do thrive in direct sun. Could be the birch is keeping that one a little drier or hogging nutrients? Different varieties? Is one a C. kousa? I don't recall seeing redtwig dogwoods in bloom. Maybe you have a sport. ---- Original Message ----- From: "james singer" <inlandjim1@q.com>