Re: native prairie plants
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: native prairie plants
  • From: "Zemuly Sanders" <zemuly@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 07:30:07 -0500

Ironweed (V. noveboracensis) is a native wildflower here. It gets 5-6 feet tall and bloomsalong side the Helianthus augustofolius in swampy areas.. It is also outstanding in the back of my border. I have had it a few years and might have 2 or three plants more than I started with.
zem
zone 7
West TN