Re: Wearher
gardenchat@hort.net

Glad you checked in, Pam.  I was getting concerned that we hadn't
heard you were safe. Hope you got a good rain out of it.

We have at last had a sunny day - the first in about two weeks or
more - but of course it is hot and steaming.  All sorts of new growth
is wilting in the unaccustoned sun.  I put some impatiens out in pots,
andsome petunias, but didn't dare plant anyhthing in the sunny spots.
At least I got the ground-work laid for my container garden in the
breezeway.

Here's hoping the weather will settle down everywhere and be more
normal for the rest of the summer.

Oh, my first peony bloomed today.  Not the best one, but it was good
to see the blooms begin.
APL

In a message dated 5/25/2011 5:05:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,