anyone still around.. I got a question
  • Subject: anyone still around.. I got a question
  • From: Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 16:59:36 -0700 (PDT)

My crimson frost river birch is doing some strange thing... need opinions on
what to do...
The bottom 6 ft or so look like it always has, smaller branching with crimsion
leaves.  The top of the tree doesn't have a leaf on it.  None... hada... looks
riduculas with the trunk, branches and nothing.
So I got a ladder out and it's not dead.  Nothing snaps and all the small
branches bend etc....
So, what do I do?  What's wrong with it?  Do I add it to the collection of
plants that didn't make it?
I know it was a crazy winter here with so much snow and cold and ice.  The
spring hasn't been any better.  Cold rainy stormy.  2 days ago it was in the
50's if lucky... today it is 93...geesh.  We have set all kindsa records for
lows, highs, and rain amounts.  I still haven't even put my veggie garden in
cause of the rain.  Still too muddy even in a raised bed to turn over the soil
or anything.  Weeds are thriving, lost some plants.
TIA for any suggestions and help...