Re: Clivia
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Clivia
  • From: Cersgarden@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 08:36:51 -0400 (EDT)

Jim, I still have the yellow Clivia.   I have grown several from seeds
however mine did not take so long to mature on the mother plant.   My conclusion
is it takes a lot from the mother plant when the seeds are left on and
reduces the future bloom.   Perhaps I should have fertilized more to compensate.
My plants are large enough now that babies are produced regularly.
     This is a nightmare of a growing season.   We are going to get a break
from the 90s this week.   Thur temps are predicted at 69 and even some
rain.   Hurrah!   I can't imagine what will be left to bloom in August.   And
what will the fall be?
     Carolyn (Ceres)