Re: We moved again!

My Colorado grandkids are 11 and 13.  They are my youngest son's children.
My oldest son has just retired and his two are in their  30s.  The Colorado son
got a late start.
My garden is very poor.  Last year the drought was so bad and I had trouble in
the vegetable garden with woodchucks that somehow got in through the fence.
This spring just as I was getting ready to start things, my husband, Chet, had
a minor stroke that managed to screw up all my time and plans.  He is home
now and without much ill effects - his walking had been very poor for some
few years already - but so far I haven't been able to do much.  This week it
is raining, and predicted to continue most of the week.  There is so much
to be done, but maybe I will get at least some of it done.
The winter was so strange, and the spring has also been strange.  We had
a very warm spell in early January, with my quince bush showing colored
blooms.  Then one night the temperature dropped to below zero, and that
took care of lots of things.  There was no snow cover for insulation.  Daffs
had begun to sprout - then the tips were blackened.  There have been
fewer daffs than usual - I usually have masses of them.  Dogwoods are
blooming nicely right now, and the flowering cherry has looked better than
usual, but some things are very poor.  I'm sure it was the strange weather.
At least I'm glad it's raining now because we have been terribly dry.
I do hope you enjoy Golden.  My son's wife, who is a petroleum engineer, was
offered a job in Tulsa with big pay and a hundred thousand dollars extra to move, but
they decided they would rather stay in Golden, even if at somewhat less pay.
At first she was able to work four days a week and take Fridays off and take
the children out of school to  go up to their ski condo in Winter Park before the
weekend crowds got there.  Now she doesn't have the extra day off, and the
kids are phasing out of the Montessori school that would let them do that.
The boy is in a STEM program, and the girl is in her last year at the Montessoir
I hope you find good gardening in Golden.  I hear it was snowing there this