RE: Re: was weather, now fall color

My gingko is turning yellow-  in a few days it will all drop off and be

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On
Behalf Of cathy carpenter
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 12:07 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Re: was weather, now fall color

Have yet to figure out the mysteries of fall leaf coloration. Don't
really think it is a maturity driven phenomenon though. I have a red
maple hybrid that has yet to show much color other than yellow, and my
next door neighbor has a sugar maple that only sporadically gets really
vibrant. Now when we move away from the genus Acer, I have some lovely
coloration: Nyssa sylvatica, Cotinus obovatus, Rhus aromatica have been
standouts this year.
Cathy, west central IL, z5b/6