from Jim

This is from Jim Singer:

Some time ago, I sent a poem by my grandson to the list. Here's another. I
would forever be in your debt if you posted it also. Thanks, The Tsar [in 82
degree weather. Ahhh!]

Words Wait

When I think
Of frozen letters
To become a word
I don't just melt it
And call it something
i.             wait.

Thinking over the words.
Running them down
With sandpaper
To discover what they
Really are
What they
Really mean.
When I pick words
I don't just wait with a sponge
Collecting as much water as it will hold
i.             wait.

Pick my time to sponge it up
To squeeze it onto
An empty page,