From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Aplfgcnys@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 05, 2003 6:22 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Exceptional Weather Comes to an End

In a message dated 11/05/2003 4:05:17 PM Eastern Standard Time,
holmesbm@usit.net writes:

> Tell me about the hardy cyclamen that bloom in the fall.  I'll bet
> they would work here in ETN or would our climate be too humid?  I am
> thinking about using them for Christmas flowers this year but hadn't
> thought about varieties that would work outside.  How long do they
> bloom?  Are they perennials?

These hardy cyclamens are miniature treasures - the tiny pink blooms are

about three inches high and have lovely little heart-shaped foliage
about an inch
across with silver markings.  If they like the spot they form a mat of
- but they don't stay all year.  In my garden they seem to like a dry
with partial sun, but I know someone who grows them in full sun, so
perhaps some
more knowledgable person can give you better advice.  They seem to be
perfectly hardy here in Z5, however.
Wish I knew more to tell you - they're lovely.  Auralie