From: Theresa [mailto: tchessie@comcast.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 18:43:29 -0800
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Exceptional Weather Comes to an End

70s!!!! It's freezing here- it didn't make it above the 60's here today
and<br>it's going to rain again tomorrow! I've got to get my new
retaining wall<br>built and soil in to plant all the irresistible finds
from the sales last<br>month. It went down to 38 last night!<br>If I
only had about 18 more hours in every
Message-----<br>From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net
[mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net]On<br>Behalf Of
kmrsy@comcast.net<br>Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 6:32 AM<br>To:
gardenchat@hort.net<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] Exceptional Weather Comes to
your Japanese Maple. I<br>didn't think they required that much maturity
to show their color<br>change. It's great fun to notice these things
though. As to Cyclamen, I<br>just put some in this spring, too young to
flower, but they have spread.<br>Their little Christmas tree design is
it's downhill. I think the<br>trees already know this. Leaves are coming
down more quickly. I still<br>have work to do outside, but with my small
property it should be easily<br>accomplished. I'm not shredding leaves
this year because of a severe<br>case of tennis elbow, and leaf
collection and shredding has been my<br>biggest late fall chore in the
early on had one hey of a rain and wind<br>> storm that stripped the
early color. We then went into a "second" kind of<br>> fall color
pattern. Not as good as color this year. I am finding isolated<br>>
spots of color to photograph. My Japanese maple is that deep glowing
red<br>> that makes you think of glowing embers .. for the first time
since I<br>> purchased it 8 or 9 years ago. Last year it was "yellow". I
have the<br>photos<br>> to prove the color. This year it is perfect.
Just inside the garden gate.<br>> Weather person says we will have
freezing temps by this comin

g<br>Saturday.<br>> Out to work ... have a man coming with a chain saw
today to remove a dead<br>> tree from the nursery display area that fell
during the last wind and<br>rain.<br>> No real damage.. just have to get
it up and out of the way. This morning,<br>> however, I want to get some
more transplanting accomplished before the<br>rains<br>> come
in....<br>> Hardy cyclamen are in bloom.. and have been for the past 3
or 4 weeks.<br>> Foliage is now coming up to share the show with the
Bush<br>> Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc<br>>
www.munchkinnursery.com<br>> genebush@munchkinnursery.com<br>> Zone 6/5
snip...<br>><br>> > The colors are gorgeous. The hosta are all golden.
My burning bush<br>> > doesn't actually burn - it's more of a
salmon-pink. The Orangeola<br>> > Japanese Maple is the deepest possible
dark red. Though some toadlilies<br>> > are done, others are blooming
profusely. I only raked a small tarp load<br>> > of leaves. The rest are
still up their waiting. I want to move my Henry<br>> > Lilies but
they're still somewhat green. Hopefully in the next couple of<br>> >
weeks. The Galtonia need to come out too, but from all I've read, I<br>>
> think it would be safer to dig them in spring, but it'll be more<br>>
> difficult to know their precise locations. does anyone else have
sign-off this list, send email to majordo

mo