Re: news of the day

> From: "Bonnie & Bill Morgan" <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>
> > May we someday wake up and go for more renewable, cleaner, energy

I'll second that!  However, I very much fear that money is what
drives things the world around and as long as those with vested
interests in keeping the status quo are the ones donating mammoth
sums to election campaigns, I can guarantee that renewable energy is
going to stay firmly in the rumble seat.  When you stop and think
about the vast network of businesses that depend on oil in some form
for their existence, you can see that the vested interests are large.

Until some disaster occurs, this nation seems set on reaction instead
of proaction, and then seems to waste time, money and energy in
trying to point to fix responsibility on some entity - witness the
eastcoast black out this year -  (I guess so people can sue them)
instead of saying "Hello..it's time to do something about
this"...just too much power in the hands of a few extremely
short-sighted and profit-motivated persons.

Now, I don't have anything against making a nice profit in business
(only wish we could manage that), but there is profit and there is
greed; today, greed is winning hands down.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :