Re: news of the day

In a message dated 11/7/2003 7:17:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
tchessie@comcast.net writes:
I finally bought a solar powered outdoor light.  I'd wanted one for a while
for the garden-side of my house which has no light or wiring.  So, bought a
little brinkman solor light.  It;s not super bright, but casts enough light
to ward off unwanted visitors, to see my way to dump stuff in the compost
pile after dark, and of course, to see if the chicken in done on the
barbecue!  So, I'm happy with it.  It has a little solar panel about 6 x6
inches that has a really long wire (so you can position it optimally) the
light looks like a typical 2 bulb floodlight.  I found it online for $79.
It was really easy to install and way cheaper and easier that running wire
or hiring an electrician!

I also love my battery-powered electric lawnmower!

I love solar power.  I bought 5 similar solar lights.  They don't produce a
tremendous amount of light, but they are ok for me.

I also had a 4.8 kw solar photovoltaic system installed on my house this
summer that should totally cover our needs for electricity.  My house is still
tied to the grid and we get credit for all the electricity we produce to
reduce/eliminate our electrical bill.  And if I produce more electricity than we
consume, LIPA (Long Island Power Authority) pays me.  So far LIPA owes me $20!  HA!

Long Island, NY
Zone 6/7

"We don't do enough to exploit renewable energy resources."