Re: news of the day

> From: Judy L Browning <judybrowning@lewiston.com>
> Marge & Pam,
> I've often thought it would do "the powers that be" a world of good
to live
> on the median salary of their constituants. I think they get so
used to
> power & money, they don't realize how the majority of people live
and manage
> their resources.
----------

Ya know, Judy, I've decided that something happens to the brain of
anybody elected to public office.  Instantly they totally forget what
it's like to live like normal humans.  Almost all of them were not
born into wealthy families and had pretty normal lives, earning
normal salaries, paying taxes, buying groceries, gas, driving on
roads and all the rest of the fun stuff we all get to do on a daily
basis before they got into office.  Yet, once elected, it's like they
come from some other planet - no connection to reality.

 Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade