Re: absent Hummingbirds this year

In a message dated 11/12/2003 8:45:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
cathyc@rnet.com writes:

> My
> biggest thrill was the snow goose (blue phase) that hung around our
> pond for about 4 days before moving on.

You only had one snow goose?   It must have been lost or injured.  In a
couple of weeks we will be heading to Bombay Hook and Chincoteague for our annual
"snow goose fix" and I can hardly wait.  The sight of literally thousands of
those beautiful birds lifting up from the water, or coming down in flocks, is
the most exciting natural event I have ever witnessed.  Just absolutely amazing!
 But they would not make a nice back-yard visit.  A small flock of Canadas
makes such a mess - imagine thousands at one time.  Auralie