From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Donna
Sent: Sunday, November 23, 2003 8:11 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: RE: [CHAT] Another OT

Bonnie,

I am sure with all your allergies, you were also reacting to the
preservative in the solution. The one main benefit of contacts is your
eyes don't get worse as you can not look around or out of the corrected
vision area.

I switched to what they call progressive tri-focals. They are
wonderful... no tilting your head to see something.... Although I still
do find myself taking off my glasses to read really fine print, can see
close great, just don't ask me to read a street sign without my glasses
on :)

Donna

> Maybe that is why I couldn't wear contact, Donna.  I tried many kinds
in
> the
> 70's and early 80's and ended up so miserable from the tearing and the
> itching, that I just gave up.  I've not had the desire to try contacts
> since.  (Of course, one eye does have an implant from an early
cataract
> surgery.  I don't know that I could wear contacts over an implant,
> anyway.)
> And now that my eyes require tri-focals (read I'm feeling REALLY old)
the